Thursday, February 11, 2010

Quick Slick



I only recently found out about Syreeta Muhammad. Don't know much about her except that Syreeta was the former wife of Stevie Wonder and she recorded some music with Billy Preston. I picked up here track Quick Slick on 7". I guess it's not a very rare record to find out here in CA, but I never came across it in NYC. Then again I haven't been looking for disco-funk-boogie stuff for very long...

Quick SLick has a great bass line. It's a synth bass, analog, but it sounds like the producer, Hal Davis, decided to have the synth player stack about 4 pulse-wave and 2 sawtooth oscillators on top of each other to produce this slightly phased dynamic I can almost imagine my Prophet 600 making in "unison track" mode. Anyway, it's a sweet playful track that Syreeta sings great on. See what you think.

Syreeta - Quick Slick

No comments:

Post a Comment