Friday, September 17, 2010

Simpson Says Dance



Paul Simpson was a house producer and vocalist in the 80's in NYC. It seems the height of his career was spent making that NJ/NY sounding Todd Edwards style house on Nervous Records and the likes. There was a time I was more into that stuff. It's fallen out of favor with my ears but I still get a kick form it, and I'm sure the next generation of upcoming hipster music bloggers will gravitate to early/mid 90's house music instead of this Boogie stuff I've been delving into recently. That or my friend Tyler's dream will come true and Trance will make a glorious comeback.

This is a track from one of Paul Simpsons early projects called Subject with Winston Jones. If you ever listened to the Chicken Lips DJ Kicks mix CD, there is a track on there by Paul Simpson Connection (another early production attempt of Simpsons, obviously) called "Treat Her Sweater", a Great tune! It's similar, if maybe a little cleaner, in production style to this track "The Magic The Moment". Enjoy, Frantz... and Steve.

Subject - The Magic The Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment