Monday, March 8, 2010

The Best Boogie




Yes, I've been slacking again. There are a number of reasons (excuses) why I haven't been posting recently but I won't bore you with them.

2 weeks ago I picked up Dancin To The Beat on Park Place records. It's been in my most wanted list for quite some time, basically ever since I heard it at Sweater Funk in August of last year. In fact, I think it may be my favorite boogie tune I've heard yet as far as live instrumentation is concerned. Henderson & Whitfield are some talented mothers. With the help of Bobby Nathan as engineer they manage to compile a plethora of great little funky guitar, bass, drum, and clavy synth lines that could probably turn Dick Cheney into a rabid androgynous funky disco dancer foaming at the mouth.

I tried to contact Bobby Nathan to see if he would do a little Q&A session with me over email that I might post here but, sadly, to no avail.

p.s. go for the instrumental

Henderson & Whitfiled - Dancin To The Beat
Henderson & Whitfiled - Dancin To The Beat (inst)

No comments:

Post a Comment